Sunday, March 4, 2012

T.I. Signs British Rapper Chip To Grand Hustle

WE ARE HIP HOP! ARE YOU?
Get More: Music News

By Nadeska Alexis
Although T.I. is still prepping his upcoming album Trouble Man, he's also hard at work building up his Grand Hustle Records empire. During an episode of "RapFix Live" on Wednesday, Tip announced that Houston rapper Trae Tha Truth has been added to the label along with Iggy Azalea, but he also noted the addition of British rapper Chip.
"I'm 21 now," Chip said, sitting next to T.I. and Azalea. "I'm pretty much, I wouldn't say as big as I can be in the UK, but we kind of hit a glass ceiling. I got signed when I was 17. I had a platinum album, previous number one singles, Top 10 hits, countless top 10 features. The biggest hit I had in the UK was a song called "Champion" featuring Chris Brown. It's actually the theme song on Madden 12."
"It got to a point where people in the UK felt like if there was someone over there that could help bridge the gap between the cultures in the Urban music over here and in the UK, it's me," he continued. "Tip was rockin' with what I was doing and we just linked up."
With a flurry of signings and albums due out from Iggy and B.o.B. this year, Grand Hustle Records is establishing themselves as a force in 2012.
Tags chip, grand hustle records, Iggy Azalea, T.I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post