Saturday, March 3, 2012

Nick Cannon Suffering From 'Lupus-Like' Disease

WE ARE HIP HOP! ARE YOU?

Get More: Music News

(Nick Cannon on his new diet in mid-January)
By Nadeska Alexis
In mid-February Nick Cannon announced that he was giving up his gig as morning show host on 92.3 due to ongoing health issues. Cannon’s health troubles first began over the winter holidays, when he was hospitalized for mild kidney failure, but he eventually returned to the office on a strict diet. Now, Cannon tells People magazine that he’s suffering from an autoimmune disease bearing similarities to Lupus.
Cannon told People that his kidney issues and subsequent blood clots stemmed from an “autoimmune disease that [doctors] found in my system,” although he didn’t specify what the disease was. "It's a lot of stuff," he added. "But it's all in order now. They kind of say [my] autoimmune [disease] is ... like a Lupus type of thing, but no one else in my family has it."
"The blood clot thing was probably the scariest because ... I've known people who have passed away from that," he says. "I'm just trying to make sure I put my health first."
"I always considered myself as someone who was in great shape, but I was doing too much [to my body] so my immune system got confused and just started attacking my kidneys," Cannon told MTV News in mid-January, pledging to focus on a healthier lifestyle. "You look at my Twitter picture and I look like I'm in shape, but I was putting the wrong stuff into my body, speeding all the time, not sleeping and eating properly. It's all about taking time and really caring about yourself and how you fuel yourself."
Tags lupus, Nick Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post