Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Big K.R.I.T. Releases '4evaNaDay' Mixtape, Announces Tour

WE ARE HIP HOP! ARE YOU?

Get More: Music News
By Sowmya Krishnamurthy
Big K.R.I.T. released his new mixtape, 4evaNaDay, today. The highly-anticipated follow-up to Return of 4Eva, the mixtape contains his newest single "Boobie Miles." The rapper/producer will celebrate the release with a slew of live shows including New York’s Highline Ballroom on Thursday night, March 8th, and dates at next week's South By Southwest Music Conference in Austin, Texas, where K.R.I.T. will headline BET’s "Music Matters" show on March 15th and Pandora on March 16th.
Late last year, the Mississippi rapper partnered with fellow down South emcee T.I. for "I'm Flexin.'" K.R.I.T. talked to MTV about the collaboration. "Tip got out and he reached out to my folks to see what we're trying to do, as far as Southern hip-hop is concerned," K.R.I.T. told MTV News on the black carpet for the taping of the "2011 BET Hip-Hop Awards" in Atlanta. "It's just a blessing. He reached out and wanted to work. I sent the record, he liked the record, he jumped on it, and it is what it is. I'm glad it came out in a timely fashion."
K.R.I.T. has been working on his highly-anticipated major label debut for some time. He told MTV in December about the delay. "I'm gonna do my best, of course, everybody wants to sell, but for the most part I just feel like it's more important that people hear the music," he explained on why he needs to take his time with his debut LP. "I think that's what we've gotten across and people understand that I don't really mind dropping a free project — I have and I will. It's just about putting the music out there; I finally have a platform, which means that people can hear it now, and I feel blessed because of that."
Tags 2011 BET Hip-Hop Awards, 4evaNaDay, Big Krit, Music Matters, Pandora, SXSW, T.I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post