Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Nicki Minaj Is Back On Twitter After Nine Days Off

WE ARE HIP HOP! ARE YOU?


By Rob Markman
Nicki Minaj deleted her Twitter account last week, taking nine long days away from the social media site, but on Tuesday she finally returned. Her return to Twitter comes just days after she considered retirement from the rap game, and said she was unsure about whether she would continue to tweet. 
It was April 15 when Nicki drove her legion of fans crazy by disappearing from the site on which she was among the most popular in the world. "A voice in my head told me to delete my Twitter and that's what I did," Minaj said during an interview in the U.K. "I had 11 million followers and I hope they will wait for me."
At press time, Nicki had 125,000 followers after only a short time back, but it's a safe bet that number will grow exponentially within the coming days. All of Nicki's pervious tweets seem to be intact, minus the few that she sent right before she pulled the plug on her handle. "Like seriously, its but so much a person can take. Good f--king bye," she wrote before vanishing from the social networking site.
Minutes before she stepped away from Twitter, the Young Money star got into a digital dust-up with a fan site that she accused of posting illegal music. Because of the short time that elapsed between the beef and the deletion of her account many assumed that the incident was the deciding factor in Ms. Minaj's choice to leave — not the case, she says.
"Let's set the record straight because a lot of times I don't speak on things, but I don't want people to think that's why I deleted my Twitter," she toldCapital FM in the U.K. "I just needed a moment to myself. Because some page posted things about me — I mean, I've read horrible things about myself. I wouldn't delete my Twitter over that."
Nicki hasn't yet tweeted since rejoining the social network, but we're guessing it won't be long until she greets her Barbz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post